Are you also drooling over those hot fajita wraps recently at 3 in the morning? Wondering, how to make Fajita Wraps?
Well, you are not alone in this! Fajita wraps can be the dream cheat meal for your weekend cravings!
But ordering fajitas online or having them at a restaurant can give you a hole in your pocket!
But not when you know how to make fajita wraps! Yes! It sounds like a big task but actually is very easy to make!
Fajita wrap recipe is really anyone’s cup of tea!
It can be both vegetarian and nonvegetarian as everyone has different choices.
So without wasting any further time, let’s start the much-awaited recipe!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE FAJITA WRAPS
To achieve the best result in cooking, you should always arrange for all the necessary ingredients in advance! Here are some essentials you would need while making some yummy fajitas!
- Corn, bell peppers, tomato, onion (finely chopped) and other veggies of your choice.
- Vegetable oil
- Chicken breasts or ready-made cooked fajita chicken.
- Flour tortilla wraps
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese (mozzarella/ cheddar)
If you noticed the ingredients carefully, there was a mention of tortilla wraps too!
If you don’t like readymade wraps, here is one of the coolest fajita wrap ideas for you!
You can make tortilla wraps yourself too and that way you add a more healthy approach towards the fajita!
In a packed tortilla wrap, these are around 220 calories but do you know how many calories in a tortilla wrap is that is homemade?
Now, let’s take some action for a simple homemade recipe:
Mexican tortilla wrap recipe:
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Now add a little bit of oil and slowly start adding hot water.
- Smooth it down and make a dough.
- Now make small balls of dough and flatten them using your palms and then rest for 20 mins.
- Now, make each flatten ball into a tortilla. Flatten till it becomes extremely thin.
- Place the tortilla on a heating plan and heat both sides for max 30 mins.
- Let them cool and store all these in a container.
And done! We bet that this tortilla is much better than those you get at the supermarket!
Now that we are done with the wrap recipe, let’s move on to how to make Fajita Wrap!
CHICKEN FAJITA WRAP
Here is the much-requested recipe of your favorite dinner inspiration!
- If you are thinking of making chicken fajita wrap, then start with marinating the chicken or beef. Add all your favourite spices and a squeeze of lemon and keep it like this for at least 24 hours.
- Now, cook your chicken. Heat oil in a pan in which the fajita would be made. It’s best to make it on a medium flame.
- Keep the chicken aside and in the same pan add 1 tablespoon of oil and saute the bell peppers, finely chopped tomatoes and onions, and corn.
- NOTE: If you are inclined towards a fajita wrap veg, then skip the first two parts and start with the third one. You can add more veggies like mashed potatoes, spring onions etc.
- Now comes the final step. Place a tortilla in front and layer it with sour cream if you like it with that. Now, place the chicken and veggies and chicken on the middle, squeeze a lemon on top and fold it. If you are a vegetarian, you know what to skip!
Voila! The yummy and delicious beef fajita wraps are ready!
It’s time to take a bite out of your chicken fajita wrap Tesco and enjoy!
Fajita wraps are enough in themselves, but some people have a habit of having something along with the wraps, so what to have with fajitas OR What to serve with Fajitas?
Let’s find out!
SERVE WITH FAJITAS
It is always a pleasure to have something ranch-type along with wraps as it makes it tastier!
What can be the best combination despite having lime wedges or avocado along with fajita wraps!
One can also add :
- sour cream to the serving plate.
- Mayonnaise or sriracha sauce,
- chili sauce, salsa/ cheese dip,
- guacamole also works equally great!
Now you know if a guest asks something to have with the fajita wrap, you can rely on these forever favorite combinations!
Therefore, fajita wraps can be the best weekend dish for you and your family to have without even going to a fancy restaurant.
Cook it together this Sunday and have a great family bonding activity along with some mouth-watering wraps!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What tortillas are best for fajitas?
There are broadly two types of tortillas that can be used in a Mexican dish like fajitas: Flour tortillas and Corn tortillas. To have a more restaurant-like feel, corn tortillas are suitable. But it gets really difficult to tackle them as at restaurants, there are trained Mexican chefs.
Hence, flour tortillas are preferred more for homemade fajita wraps due to their soft, fluffy, and flexible texture. If you want to know how to make wrap dough, refer to the above-stated sections of this article.
What are fajita wraps made of?
Fajitas are basically made of soft flour tortillas, preferably homemade. and chicken or beef. If you are making a veg one, then all you need is some green veggies and mashed potatoes! All these comprise some delicious and appetizing fajita wraps!
How do you make a perfect wrap?
Folding a wrap perfectly is one of the most important steps to achieve a fine fajita. For your convenience, here are some easy steps as to how to fold a wrap perfectly:
- Take a large 10-12 inch flour tortilla.
- Spread the filling in a straight line.
- Now, fold the sides around the filing and bring the remaining bottom flap upwards.
- Start rolling until it is fully covered.
- Phew! It’s done.
To summarise, fajita wraps can be really easy to make by following the perfect recipe and precautions we have listed. So this Sunday, have some fajitas and happy cooking! Hope this article helps fulfill your purpose.
READ MORE: HOW DO YOU MAKE CHORIZO AND EGGS?